How To Save Energy And Money With My HVAC Systems
Expert HVAC advice from our blog
While home care works well to prevent Air Conditioning repairs, it does not take the place of professional treatment. The most effective method to prevent costly repairs is through Air Conditioning maintenance. We recommend annual maintenance because it successfully...
Redding Heating & Air's Cheer Station at the 2019 Shasta Mud Run was a hit! The Shasta Mud Run is an essential fundraiser for Youth Options Shasta & its programs. Our participation in 2019 Shasta Mud Run supports our mission to serve the families of this...
The summer months get hot! The last thing anyone wants in the hottest months of the year is for their hvac system to leave you uncomfortable in your own home due to lack of knowledge, care and maintenance. The best way to avoid a total breakdown or know when your hvac...
Schedule Year-Round Tips
- Replace your air filter monthly. A dirty filter can restrict airflow and cause your system to work harder than it needs to.
- Remove obstructions, such as furniture, away from air vents and return registers. Obstructions can slow or hinder air circulation.
- Install a programmable thermostat, which allows you to set the temperature in your home higher when you’re away or at work. Your air conditioner won’t run as often, so you’ll save energy when you’re not home.
- Lower the thermostat on your water heater. Water heaters sometimes come from the factory with high-temperature settings, but a setting of 120 degrees provides comfortable hot water for most uses.
- Have a certified HVAC professional check your air conditioning and heating system annually. An inspection can help control energy costs and prevent costly maintenance.
- Consider a home service plan to protect your air conditioning and heating system. With a home service plan, when something breaks down, a trained and certified technician will make the necessary repairs and help keep your system running efficiently year-round.
Long, hot summer days can add stress to your system, making it work longer and harder than normal. Here are some ways to save energy during the warmest months of the year.
- Give appliances a break during hot afternoons and evenings. Appliances create added heat and moisture, which makes your air conditioner work harder to keep your home cool.
- Close windows, entry doors, draperies, and blinds early in the day, before the sun has a chance to warm up the inside of your home.
- Don’t overcook. Do not turn your thermostat lower than normal to cool your home faster. It does not work and wastes energy.
- Use floor and ceiling fans to create a light breeze to keep you and your family comfortable.
- An exterior unit will operate better and more economically if it is shaded by trees.
The cold winter months present unique challenges to the systems in your home. Use these tips to keep your home running safely and efficiently during the coldest months of the year.
- Use caulk, weather-stripping, and insulation to seal air leakage sites, such as attics or around doors and windows.
- Measure attic insulation and make sure it’s at least 6” thick over the heated part of your home.
- Before winter, turn off outside water valve, drain water, and disconnect hoses to protect your pipes.
- Clean rain spouts and gutters, freeing them of leaves and other debris.
Contact Us Today For More Information:
Redding Heating & Air
Serving Redding & Surrounding Areas
Areas We Serve
- Bella Vista
- French Gulch
- Happy Valley
- Los Molinos
- Montgomery Creek
- Mountain Gate
- Mt. Shasta
- Oak Run
- Palo Cedro
- Pollard Flat
- Red Bluff
- Round Mountain
- Shasta Lake City