Should I Repair or Replace my HVAC System?
Repairing vs. Replacing Your System
Make sure that you are making the best choice when choosing to repair or replace a system. The main point to keep in mind when making this decision is knowing that the average life expectancy of a cooling or heating system is 10 to 15 years.
- If repairing your system is going to cost you less than 50% of the cost of a new system the best option would be to just repair.
- If something is still covered under a warranty, a repair will be the best option. Make sure to ask about our service plans; small repairs and regular check-ups will give you peace of mind on how your system is running and when small repairs are needed before problems arise.
- How has your system been running in the past? This can be an important question to consider because if your system has been running efficiently and has remained reliable over time consistently, consider the fact that a repair will most likely get the system running again.
- Again, ask if it is going to cost more than 50% of a new system. If so it is probable that a replacement of a new system will save you the most money long-term.
- How old is your system? Being that 10-15 years is what to normally expect out of your system if your system has succeeded that span of time finding the right parts may become difficult and expensive to come by.
- Is your system or equipment out of warranty? If so, the cost to complete a repair may be very expensive, and it would be the most cost-effective to replace the system. Another added benefit of being a part of our service plan is that we will continue to keep you informed and possibly keep the system running for you longer, as well as update you on if a replacement of a system may be needed in the near future.
- Exactly how efficient is your system? Everything ages over time and typically energy efficient rating continues to improve. The savings of having a new system that’s more efficient could help you pay for new equipment over time.
What to Know When Purchasing an
Air Conditioning & Heating System
When picking out an air conditioner it’s important to choose a unit with the proper cooling capacity for the room it will be cooling. Air conditioners with either too little or too much power can lead to problems further down the road.
An underpowered unit will struggle to cool a room effectively, running constantly and using excess energy. An air conditioner that is too large for a room will cool the room too quickly and then shut off.
If you answer Yes to any of the following questions, it may be time for a system upgrade.
- Utility bills higher than they used to be?
- Are the rooms in your home always too hot or too cold?
- Does the furnace consistently turn off and on in the winter?
- Does your air conditioning and heating system breakdown often?
- Does the air conditioner or heat pump continuously run in the summer?
- Is the cooling or heating system too noisy?
Request a Free In-Home Estimate Today!
Why Choose Us?
Your satisfaction is guaranteed
We take pride in getting the job done right! Our work is always guaranteed.
Exceptional customer service
Our customers keep our business thriving. You are our top priority!
We're licensed and insured
CA License # 1049277
24 hour emergency services
Locally owned and operated
We’re locally owned and operated. We also strive to take part in community projects in the Redding area.
Contact Us Today For More Information:
Redding Heating & Air
Serving Redding & Surrounding Areas
Areas We Serve
- Bella Vista
- French Gulch
- Happy Valley
- Los Molinos
- Montgomery Creek
- Mountain Gate
- Mt. Shasta
- Oak Run
- Palo Cedro
- Pollard Flat
- Red Bluff
- Round Mountain
- Shasta Lake City